European Whirl, the longest tour I have done on my Europe trip. 18 days with 37 of the most amazing people I have had the privilege to meet, including our tour manager and driver. Over the 18 days, we visited England, passed through Belgium, got weird in Amsterdam, Berlin and Prague, did some “extreme” sports in Austria, drank and ate our way around Italy, got half-naked in the snow in Switzerland, and drank champagne beside the Eiffel Tower in Paris at night.
My highlights from the trip:
- Amsterdam – visiting the Heineken Museum, the IAmsterdam sign,
- Berlin – Berlin Wall, Holocaust Memorial
- Prague – The John Lennon Wall, Trdelnik (a doughnut filled with chocolate, cream, icecream etc., of your choosing).
- Munich – visiting the Hofbrauhaus, Mike’s Bikes
- Austrian Tyrol – Mountain biking, paragliding and whitewater rafting.
- Venice – Gondola ride, St Marks Basilica, and Ponte di Rialto (Rialto Bridge).
- Rome – The Colosseum, Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain and the Roman Forum.
- Vatican City – the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Square.
- Florence – Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and Piazza Duomo, Piazzale Michelangiolo, and Ponte Vecchio.
- Lauterbrunnen – visiting the top of the Jungfraujoch and seeing snow properly for the first time, as well as the ziplining adventure park in Interlaken.
- Paris – finally seeing Notre-Dame, the Eiffel Tower, and macarons from Laduree on Champs de Elysse.
This group changed how I view a lot of aspects of my life. They showed me that it doesn’t matter where you come from, how old you are, or what you do for a career, if you honestly make the most of your trip and are a genuine person, you come away with a whole new family.
So thank you, my EU Whirl family, you made this trip one I will never forget. See you back in Australia for reunion round 1!
Check Out Contiki: