This is part 1 of 3 of my blog series about Top Blogs and Podcasts for Accounting Students. This article was also published on my LinkedIn.
Knowledge is power, right? Well… knowledge is also wealth! With this wealth, you are able to make informed decisions about your career, alongside other aspects of your life.
When you’re at University, it is imperative that you do further reading to enable a deeper understanding of the industry. Textbooks provide the theoretical side of learning, whilst blogs and relevant podcasts provide a deeper understanding of the industry and the different trends that are emerging.
After being in the industry for a few years, I have come across quite a number of blogs and podcasts that are relevant for accounting students in Australia.
The top blogs and podcasts for Australian Accounting Students to utilise are:
- Accountant’s Daily – https://www.accountantsdaily.com.au/
- Australian Financial Review – http://www.afr.com/business/accounting
- From the Trenches – https://www.fromthetrenches.com.au
- Going Concern – http://goingconcern.com/
- Google News – https://news.google.com/news/section?q=accounting
- Xero – https://www.xero.com/blog/
If you are an accountant who has other blog or podcast recommendations for Australian accounting students, please share them in the comments section!