Social Distancing: Social distancing, or physical distancing, is a set of infection control actions intended to stop or slow down the spread of a contagious disease*. Personally, I believe this is something that should have been implemented as soon as COVID-19 was discovered in Australia.
Social Distancing for an introverted extrovert such as myself, this is posing to be quite a mental challenge, as I am someone who needs people around to recharge – although I don’t need to be speaking to them for this to happen, it’s more just knowing someone is there.
In order to keep myself sane during these times, I’ve outlined what I’m doing for you below.
Working From Home Tips
I’m about to start my 3rd full week of working from home. This, to my brain, is quite daunting as I am used to being around people and find that I am most productive when I have others around me.
It’s quite difficult for me to work from home, as my desk is in my bedroom, meaning there is no separation from where I sleep, to where I work. In order to ensure I remain productive, I’ve implemented the following:
- When I finish work, I will go for a 4km walk which I will hardwire into my brain by listening to music.
- When I get hungry, I will go to the kitchen to eat, so that I get a separation of home space from work.
- Stand up once an hour to stretch and move around.
To keep my mental health in check during these unprecedented times, I’ve been ensuring I do the following:
- Calls/Facetime – I am regularly calling my family & friends back in Adelaide to keep in touch with how they are going during this time.
- Circuit training – I am implementing circuit training 6 days a week with an upper/lower split on top of my 4km walks. I’m going to be using resistance bands to ensure I make these exercises as difficult as possible (let me know if you want any tips!).
- Read more books – I have ordered a bunch of books from Booktopia to keep me occupied when I’m unable to go out on the weekends.
- Gaming – I’ve been alternating between Borderlands, World of Warcraft (Classic) and The Sims 4.
I hope everyone stays safe and keeps their spirits up during this time. If you’re a small business who’d like to chat about how you can future proof your business, develop a strategy and marketing plan, and how you can diversify your product stream, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re all in this together 💜