When travelling, especially for leisure, it’s important to pack some essentials for your trip. In my case, most of my essentials, outside of clothes, makeup and toiletries, are electronics. As I work remotely when I’m travelling, I cannot be disconnected from society for too long.
So what are my travel essentials?
- iPhone X – I don’t go anywhere without my phone. It also doubles as an amazing camera and also portable music device.
- Macbook – I’ve loaded my Macbook up with movies and iBooks that I can watch and read on the plane and on long bus days. I’m also going to be working whilst I am away, so a reliable laptop is a must!
- Noise cancelling headphones – my choice of headphones are the Sony MDR-ZZ770BN. They completely block all sound around you when their noise cancelling feature is turned on.
- Apple Watch Series 2 – I love my Apple Watch as it tracks all my movement every day, reminds me to stand up and stretch every hour, and also seems to know exactly when I need to calm down and reminds me to do a minute of breathing with the “Breathe” app.
- Travel handbags – my choice of Clutch and Card Wallet when travelling are the Wanderers Travel Co “The Barcelona” Card Wallet and “Le Saint Tropez” Travel Pouch. I also have their “The Venetian Passport” Travel Clutch which has a cross-body strap to keep everything close to you!
- Sunglasses – I always travel with a pair of cute, polarised sunnies. Stay sun-smart and protect your eyes from the suns harsh rays! My choice at the moment for affordable, polarised sunglasses is Quay Australia.
- Cameras – note, I’ve said Cameras. Why? Well firstly, sometimes you want to be able to capture great footage (so via a GoPro or other high-tech camera), and other times, you want to capture moments that you cannot edit. Some of the best moments are the ones that are uneditable. My cameras of choice are the GoPro Hero 5 and the Instax Mini8 polaroid camera.
- Medical Kit – I always travel with a first aid kit which includes a gastro kit and antibiotics. You never know if you’re going to be able to get to a doctor or hospital easily, so it is better to be prepared. You can pick one of these kits up from a Travel Doctor. My go to in Australia is Travel Doctor – TVMC, they have practices in multiple locations around Australia.
- Toilet paper – you never know if the place you’re going to be staying will run out!
If you have anything else you’d recommend adding to my travel essentials kit, I’d love to hear about it!