Today marks exactly one year since I moved to Perth! In all honesty, when I moved here, I didn’t think I would be here for longer than 6 months, and now, it kind of feels like home.
The last twelve months have been probably the hardest, but most rewarding, and it’s been a huge period of personal growth. I don’t often take the time to reflect on personal achievements, but over the last 12 months I have:
- Almost completed my MBA – I have one subject left which I start tomorrow.
- Received a High Distinction for my final assessment for Managing, Developing & Implementing Strategy, and finished the subject with a Distinction.
- Presented to the whole Xero Australia Sales Team on the topic of Mental Health, Hobbies & Sales – you can find out more here.
- Presented at the Perth & Joondalup Xero Refresh events – in front of over 100 people at each.
- Finally hit a 70kg bench in competition for powerlifting.
- 3 National Records at CAPO Powerlifting Nationals – 142.5kg Squat (Open Raw Plus and Senior 24-32 Raw Plus categories) & Total (Senior 24-32 Raw Plus).
On a more vulnerable note, taking care of my mental health certainly went by the wayside for a few months, and I’m now taking the steps to get myself the help I need to be able to be successful. If I can ask anything, take care of your mental health first. If you are struggling, talk to someone. We need to continue to break the stigma surrounding mental illness.
I am truly grateful to everyone who has made my first year in Perth such a wonderful experience. Here’s to the next twelve months!