Hi 2020, it’s nice to meet you!
I have spent some time reflecting over the last couple of days, as we farewelled 2019, and said hello to 2020 and a new decade.
Looking back over the last 12 months, I can see that it was a period of massive change, and with that in mind, I have determined 2020 is going to be a year of growth. Personal growth and professional growth. I have set myself some small goals both personally and professionally this year, which I have documented below to keep myself accountable.
- Continue journaling, using Perspective, and meditating, using Smiling Mind. I have found that over the last few months this has greatly improved my mindset, and I believe continuing to do this will ensure I can be successful long-term.
- Spend more time around people who enrich my life.
- Read more books – I am aiming to read one a week this year.
- Be more mindful of how I fuel my body, and ensure that I eat enough.
- Save money, as I have a lot of bad habits that have been following me.
I also have a few important goals I want to achieve over the year, which I keep front and centre on my laptop as a constant reminder of what I’m working towards using the Stickies app on Mac*:
* One thing to note, the long term powerlifting goals are what I’m hoping to achieve in the next 5 years.
- Complete my MBA – my final assessment is due on the 12th of January.
- Continue to develop my skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Read one book per month that showcases different leadership styles and strategies implemented to assist in the completion of goals or organisation growth (these are separate from the reading goal in the Personal Growth section).
- Stop allowing little things to stress me out and focus more on what I can do to improve.
And most importantly, just be happy!
Photography by Stone Creative Media.